Custom Search

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Interview with Jason Garrison

I interviewed Jason Garrison, a sophomore in college, about what he thought about the book.

Q - What does the title “Crazy Love” mean to you?

A - In the book, Chan gives the illustration of how we would be impacted by a truck if we were run over by it- not a pretty picture. Yet if we’ve received Christ we’ve been impacted by something greater than any truck. We've been impacted by His Love yet oftentimes we live like nothing has happened.  



Q - What was your favorite chapter?


A- I would have to say “Serving leftovers to a Holy God” it really challenged me to live a life that offer’s God my best, ya know? Not just reading a quick devo so I can mark it off, but really spending quality time with God.



Q - What was the most challenging thing to you about the book?

A - The severity of being lukewarm. The Bible says that God would rather have us Cold-totally against him, then to be lukewarm. God says that he will spit those who are lukewarm out of his mouth. Christ wants a commitment, not just an empty decision.




Q - What is the impact of crazy love on your life?

A - It made me conscious of how easy it is to become lukewarm. It practically showed me what a life devoted to God looks like.



Q - Who should read this book?

A - I think pretty much any Christian would benefit from reading this. It really challenges the status quo of what a Christian life looks like.

3 comments:

ralph said...

interesting interview thought the question answer style was pretty creative and easy to read.

Dr. Twik said...

This is a really personable and open typed interview, very relaxed and set apart. It gets all the right information to your readers in a nice comfortable feel. Not to mention it makes you feel slightly convicted and want to read the book =)

Amanda Ruth said...

I liked the openness of the questions you asked. Looks like you were able to get plenty of feeback from Jason. Also, they were the right kind of questions that gave me the information I wanted about the book.

Post a Comment