Custom Search

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Father, Son and Who?


if you had to describe the Holy Spirit to someone, who He is, and what He does, what would you tell them? Do you really know anything about Him other than He’s the 3rd part of the Trinity?

In Chapter 1 of "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan, he gives us some background on the Holy Spirit. John 14:16-17 Says,

“16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.”

So this Holy Spirit (Who is God) will come and live in me? Be a counselor to me..forever? He gives me the power to fight sin, and grow spiritually? (Galatians 5:16) This is awesome. Many of you will say, “Yeah, I already knew that.” But has that changed the way you live?

Chan gives an illustration that I think hits the nail on the head. He says “If I had an encounter with God where he entered my body and gave me a supernatural ability to play basketball, wouldn’t you expect to see an amazing improvement in my skills? After all, this is God we’re talking about. And if you saw no change in my athleticism, wouldn’t you question the validity of my “encounter”?

0 comments:

Post a Comment